A Q and A with......
1. Tell us a bit about yourself: Name, age, how long a fan of your club etc...
Dave Moore. I’ve been supporting Oldham since the 1959-60 season and I’m over 21!
2. What was the first Oldham match you went to and what was the score?
I think it was the 3-1 win at home over Gillingham in the 59-60 season..
3. What is the best and worst Oldham match you have attended?
Best - The 6-0 Hammering of West Ham in the League Cup Semi-Final first leg on 14th. February 1990
Worst - Losing to a non-league team for the first time Dec. 9th. 1969. South
Shields were the visitors.
4. Where do you expect to finish this season?
Hopefully around 14th. place.
5. Where do you think Brentford will finish?
10th. in the league.
6. How did you do last season?
We finished 15th. with 57 points.
7. Who is the player Brentford should watch out for when we play you?
Hopefully a new forward signing (currently unknown) as we are struggling for fit players at the moment.
8. Whose the Brentford player you think you should watch out for?
Rankin. He scored last time we played you and he’s doing well overall the
9. What's your team like in general? Strong areas/players, weak areas/players, manager + backroom staff etc...
We’ve gone through a “Jeckel and Hyde” season. After winning 7 games in
succession, including knocking Manchester City out of the cup and just losing to Bolton in the next round, we went 8 straight losses. Our manager,
Brian Talbot, was fired (by mutual consent) and we now have Ronnie Moore in charge. The team beat Port Vale 3-0 in his first game so we are hoping that he can get the confidence back into the squad. Our defence is struggling as we have just lost three good defenders. Our forwards have been struggling with injuries for most of the season. Our backroom staff are great as our new owners recently saved us from extinction. I have every respect for them.
10. Make a prediction for when Oldham play you...
As we are at home, and as we have a good home record against you over the years, I predict a 2-1 win to Oldham.